AIS PTE PROGRAM
Australian International School is proud to announce that we are now offering PTE coaching classes in Lahore at our beautiful campus located at Canal View Housing Society. Here is all the information that you need to know about our PTE preparation classes.
WHAT IS PTE?
Pearson Test of English (PTE), is one of the famous English proficiency assessment tests is generally chosen by many aspirants across the world. The PTE Exam Pattern defines that it is a multi-level test particularly, candidates planning to obtain admission in the universities of the English speaking countries like Canada, New Zealand, Australia, UK and USA take the PTE.
UNDERSTANDING YOUR PTE SCORE:
Report Card: The PTE Academic score report consists of an overall score and four communicative skills scores (listening, reading, speaking, writing). In the report card, there are two segments for scoring – Overall Score & Communicative Skills Scores.
An Overview of Scoring: The overall score ranges between 10–90 points. Some tasks are scored as either correct or incorrect. Only correct answers give 1 score point. Other tasks are scored as correct, partially correct or incorrect.
Score Format: The below table gives an overview of how the 20 task types in the three parts of PTE Academic (Part 1 Speaking and Writing, Part 2 Reading, Part 3 Listening) are scored. Pearson changed the exam format recently.
THE PTE TEST OF ENGLISH ACADEMIC:
- This is a computer based English language proficiency test assesses the language abilities of non-native English speakers planning to study abroad.
- The PTE Academic is similar to IELTS & TOEFL, is a multi-level test and it tests your listening, speaking, reading and writing skills in English language.
- Often, in the PTE test, the questions test 2 skills at a time like reading & speaking or listening & reading. The test takes place in a recognized test centre in one single session for a duration of 3 hours (180 minutes).
- Here, in the speaking assessment, your voice is recorded and forwarded for marking.
- Now, let’s go a bit deep to know different sections involved in the PTE examination and the question types included in each section.
- Firstly, the PTE exam consists of 3 main segments; speaking and writing, reading and listening.
- There is a 10 minutes break between reading and listening sections excluding the test time of 180 minutes.
THE PTE EXAM PATTERN:
· The first section is speaking and writing. And, the time allotted is around 77 – 93 minutes. It includes the following parts of assessment.
· In the writing part, you have to write an essay and allotted time is 20 minutes.
· The second section is the reading part and the total duration for this part is from 32 – 41 minutes. And, third comes the listening section that ranges from 45 to 57 minutes.
· Now, let’s have a look over the question types.
PTE READING AND WRITING QUESTIONS:
· Personal introduction – you have to speak about yourself and provide some details about your educational background and future plans.
· Read aloud – You will find a text on the screen which is around 60 words. You have to read it aloud.
· Repeat the Sentence – you should repeat the sentence that you hear from a recording.
· Describe a Chart – you will find a chart on the screen. You should interpret the details found in the chart.
· Retell the Lecture – you might listen or might be allowed to watch a lecture. Here, you are supposed to retell the lecture in your words.
· Short Answer Questions – you will listen to questions here and you will have to answer them in one word or a few.
WHY CHOOSE AIS FOR PTE?
AIS has many distinguishing factors that make its PTE program one of the best PTE course in Lahore. While choosing AIS you will be choosing an institute that is offering best PTE coaching with highly experienced foreign and local teaching staff, multimedia-supported digitalized classrooms, flexible timings as well as the option of online classes and all of these in very affordable fee.
Name: Sarah Orr
Modules: Speaking & Listening
Name: Mujtaba Ali
Modules: Reading and Writing
Course Duration & Timings:
AIS PTE course duration is 6 weeks in which classes are offered 5 days (Monday-Friday) a week whereas Mock Test is taken every Friday. We are offering the following time slots:
- Afternoon Session 03:00 PM – 04:30 PM
- Evening Session 04:30 PM – 06:00 PM
- Online Session 09:00 PM – 10:00 PM
AIS PTE course fee in Lahore, is inclusive of resource materials, practice tests, listening audios, sample answers, useful videos and mock tests.
PTE Complete course fee : 22000/- PKR.